Create Tourneys

This section is meant for topics regarding online tournaments organization.
Marcos Nion
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Create Tourneys

Postby Marcos Nion » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:56 am

Why don't we create our tour... :) :)

gogomor
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Re: Create Tourneys

Postby gogomor » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:10 am

I think some non date-obligatory league with active players would be possible.
For example this is the list o players that i see online very often (sorry if i left out someone and to new players):

DOBm
ikas
Holali
Milos011
Igor666
T-Duke
ppahv
hami
Rey
sirocco
BUNBURY

along with everybody who is interested, we could start a league that will only require players to post results of their matches on the forum (like in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=492) and some guy (or few of them) to keep track on the results and league table updated.

As i said, non date-obligatory which means that if we have a league of 10 players, someone would finish all 9 matches (against every other player in league) in 5 or 50 days.

We can later agree on rules, like how many sets, what surface and player skills percent allowed...
If there is at least 10 people interested, i think we could make this possible. Problem is , not everybody follows the forum so we can spread the word in game announcements online.

This is just an idea so suggestions are welcome.

Igor666
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Igor666 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:21 pm

The world tour would be great off course, I don't know how many player here used to play dream match tennis world tour, but that tour was great and we had lot of fun (I even managed it for year or so...)
The problem I see here is that there is no enough players. In DMT we always had around 70-80 active players, but in FA you can hardly find any opponent for online match (or you play only guys that gogomor mentioned). So that's first thing that needs to improve. If you ask tennis games fans for DMT, they all know for it, but hardly anybody knows about FA, which is 10x better game...
But that's the thing for kschoice to improve i guess...and on us to advertise on other forums...

Second thing I see as the problem is online stability of the game. I had more games lost connection then games I played without loosing it :) :( even with european players.

So that's 2 things that need to improve, much more active players and way better online code... Than we can think of online tour IMO

Marcos Nion
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Marcos Nion » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:26 pm

Well, I could make some announcemments on Mana Games forums, I play the TE Online Tour and I can say, it has many players joining it... But I would need some help from you guys, especially BUNBURY, who is also on Mana Games forums... I would need kschoice to announce FA as it is really good (realistic, but it doesn't run well on my computer, gonna create a topic on this later :) :) )... We can also make something like TE Online Tour, the rules, the calendar (It is based on the ATP Calendar, but we can mix it with WTA), and it would make a huge success... U guys only need to give me the ok, and try helping me with it... :wink: :wink: :wink:

Thanks...

Marcos Nion
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Marcos Nion » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:09 am

People, I was banned in a try to announce it, manutoo is very selfish... :lol: :lol: :lol: ... I tried, but we need to find another ways of announcing it... kschoice, please help, you're the creator of this wonderful game, you need to help... :wink: :wink:

gogomor
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby gogomor » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:30 am

But who gave you the "ok" to announce it ? The tour is not possible right now for the reasons Igor666 mentioned.

Small league would be ok, i know there is no such thing in tennis but better something then nothing.
Scheduled tournaments are hard to achieve because not everybody is available at exact time and there is already few of us.

We have to start from something to get this game and its community to grow. The best possible way IMO is to have some sort of competition.
It would be nice to hear what other people think.

Hami
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Postby Hami » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:02 am

I agree with gogomor on this one. We should better work on a small championship right now.
There was already an attempt of a Tour with ITST but it didn't last because of a lack of players and some behaving problems.
And I don't think that stealing players on the TE forums is a good idea...

Milos011
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby Milos011 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:33 am

We can try this kind of "small league". I am interested.

But somebody must be "admin" of this league. Just to keep track of competition, scores, to be one who decides what to do if two players are have issue with something.

Also, my suggestion is that players must not have abilities more than 80.

Marcos Nion
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Marcos Nion » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:20 pm

But where is kschoice to help us announcing the forum and the game ?

gogomor
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby gogomor » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:42 am

@Marcos Nion: I don't know why you keep mentioning the developer of the game like he has some sort of obligation to do something for you or for us ...

About a competition, i think this is a bad time for it because of summer vacations etc. But we should really give it a thought for near future.

Marcos Nion
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Marcos Nion » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:44 pm

@gogomor: Not for me, not for you... For the game, actually he is the developer lol...

Marcos Nion
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Marcos Nion » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:31 am

Anyway, I'll be here, if you guys have friends or somebody in ur families that also likes tennis, please tell them abt this game, it would be nice to create a small league, and who knows, in the future, a TOUR... 8)

And I also think that players shouldn't have the abilities set up to 80+ ... That's a great idea, but one question tho, how would we know if someone's abilities are not 80+ ? :roll: :roll:

Holali
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby Holali » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:46 pm

Hi people,
I was told that this forum is the best place to discuss things like tournaments/tour/league.
Ive read this topic. The league really seems to be the best choice. But it requires some acting. If we only talk, nothing's gonna happen ever.
So, if there's nothing organized so far, just write somewhere that you would like to join. Every participipant should be available at least once a week. I think this is not so hard.
I'll make a list of players (lets say Microsoft Excel table) and when we have enough players, we can start.
C'mon! It's not so hard. Just make it move a little.

Marcos Nion
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Marcos Nion » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:34 pm

Ok, I think we got this suggestion going from now one...

I don't have Full Ace Full Version, I'm only buying it in the end of the year, or, probably, next year, because my father is broken right now... :( :?
Anyway, I will appreciate a lot to make part of this league... Hope that in some months (6 or 7 maybe) We can turn this into a real tennis tour, it would be amazing... :shock: :shock:

EDIT: We need to announce it though, I still think we could make some ads over the internet... 8) 8)

Return to “Online tournaments”