Just bough this from Gamersgate

This forum is dedicated to problem reports and questions about Full Ace buying process
sphanlon
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Just bough this from Gamersgate

Postby sphanlon » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:03 pm

No mention of a license needed, I guess their version functions differently this way? Also, am I entitled to all future updates? Do I download them from Gamersgate or here at this site?

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Just bough this from Gamersgate

Postby kschoice » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:12 pm

sphanlon wrote:No mention of a license needed, I guess their version functions differently this way? Also, am I entitled to all future updates? Do I download them from Gamersgate or here at this site?

What do you mean by 'no mention of a license needed' ?

sphanlon
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby sphanlon » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:47 pm

Normally when you buy a game there, they give you a serial code or something if you need it to activate the game. I don't see one displayed where they usually list them for your games. I'm not home now and haven't tried installing it yet.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:06 pm

sphanlon wrote:Normally when you buy a game there, they give you a serial code or something if you need it to activate the game. I don't see one displayed where they usually list them for your games. I'm not home now and haven't tried installing it yet.

Please let me know

sphanlon
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby sphanlon » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:57 am

So installed the version that gamersgate gave me to download and the first thing the game asks for is a license key that I don't have from them. It also says there is an update and I should download it from my original download link on this site, which I likely can't do since I didn't actually get it here. Am I even considered an official customer for you? Is gamersgate an authorized seller? I see nothing but problems here.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:37 am

sphanlon wrote:So installed the version that gamersgate gave me to download and the first thing the game asks for is a license key that I don't have from them. It also says there is an update and I should download it from my original download link on this site, which I likely can't do since I didn't actually get it here. Am I even considered an official customer for you? Is gamersgate an authorized seller? I see nothing but problems here.

I must say buying the game on our website would have made your life easier. You should contact Gamersgate as your copy won't be official unless they provide a license number attached to it. This number is the key as it will also allow you to download updates from our website.
As for Gamersgate legitimacy, we have a partnership with a publisher who is supposed to push Full Ace Tennis on different resellers. But they didn't let me know Full Ace would be available on Gamersgate so soon. Actually, as they don't seem to have dealt with the license number as they are supposed to, I am inclined to believe they put the game on their website prematurely.
My advice again is to contact Gamersgate. If they aren't able to provide the license number right away, ask for a refund and buy a license directly from our platform.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:48 pm

Gamersgate has now removed Full Ace from their website. I recommend you ask for a refund and buy a license from our website.

sphanlon
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby sphanlon » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:49 pm

Their latest response to my ticket is that something is strange and they are trying to get information from the publisher. I'm not sure if they actualy mean you or the agent you have handling digital distribution to other platforms, but that's what they said. Have you heard from gamersgate? Or should I press for the refund as you said?

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:06 pm

sphanlon wrote:Their latest response to my ticket is that something is strange and they are trying to get information from the publisher. I'm not sure if they actualy mean you or the agent you have handling digital distribution to other platforms, but that's what they said. Have you heard from gamersgate? Or should I press for the refund as you said?

They were referring to the agent handling distribution. As you may have seen, Gamersgate has removed Full Ace from their store. You should press for a refund as they won't be able to deliver a valid license key to you any time soon, if ever.

sphanlon
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby sphanlon » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:54 pm

So are you not getting keys out to gamersgate? Why is your agent signing partners and setting them up with the software while he doesn't have licenses to provide them? Have you backed off this mode of distribution or were you not ready to actually do it yet and somebody got ahead of things?

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:18 pm

sphanlon wrote:So are you not getting keys out to gamersgate? Why is your agent signing partners and setting them up with the software while he doesn't have licenses to provide them?

Beats me.

sphanlon wrote:Have you backed off this mode of distribution or were you not ready to actually do it yet and somebody got ahead of things?

It seems it is exactly what happened. There was discussion about doing it but we hadn't provided license numbers to that effect. We wouldn't have known if it wasn't from you.
This experience doesn't push us toward this type of distribution. We also doubt that it would bring enough sales to balance losing about 50% of our income per unit.

sphanlon
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby sphanlon » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:05 pm

Got the refund and about to order from here.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:12 pm

sphanlon wrote:Got the refund and about to order from here.

I'm glad you were able to sort this out. I hope you enjoy the game.

Return to “Issues when buying Full Ace”