Suggestions for Full Ace Updates

This is the place to talk about all aspects about the game.
Federer
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Re: Suggestions for Full Ace Updates

Postby Federer » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:55 pm

I've noticed that when the opponent is serving, the ball toss goes above the top of the screen, so you lose a split second of seeing the ball and it's direction.

Also how high do people generally have the camera? The default is the lowest possible so that's what I've been using. Is that what you use @kschoice ?

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:59 pm

Federer wrote:I've noticed that when the opponent is serving, the ball toss goes above the top of the screen, so you lose a split second of seeing the ball and it's direction.

I'm ahead of you on this one. It's already taken care of in the work-in-progress version. You'll also be happy to know that I fixed the issues on Hawk Eye and aces (at least, several times I had a point correctly awarded to me after a successful challenge).

Federer wrote:Also how high do people generally have the camera? The default is the lowest possible so that's what I've been using. Is that what you use @kschoice ?

I usually play with that same angle, although I was considering changing it a little those days, while playing the beta.

Federer
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Postby Federer » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:01 am

One thing I've been meaning to ask for a while. How does this game factor in timing of your shot? With the 'double press' system if you wish to do a hard shot, you are encouraged to press the button the first time as soon as you can. So you should then press it a second time and release for good timing. But if you do not press the button for a second time, the player still takes the shot. So how does timing work in that instance i.e. when you press early but then decide not to press a second time?

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:17 am

Federer wrote:One thing I've been meaning to ask for a while. How does this game factor in timing of your shot? With the 'double press' system if you wish to do a hard shot, you are encouraged to press the button the first time as soon as you can. So you should then press it a second time and release for good timing. But if you do not press the button for a second time, the player still takes the shot. So how does timing work in that instance i.e. when you press early but then decide not to press a second time?

Shot timing has indeed always been a confusing part of the gameplay. I won't give you a precise explanation about how it used to work, because I have refined the way timing and additional power work for the upcoming version, and there will be visual feedback so it will be much more understandable.

Federer
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Postby Federer » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:46 am

kschoice wrote:
Federer wrote:One thing I've been meaning to ask for a while. How does this game factor in timing of your shot? With the 'double press' system if you wish to do a hard shot, you are encouraged to press the button the first time as soon as you can. So you should then press it a second time and release for good timing. But if you do not press the button for a second time, the player still takes the shot. So how does timing work in that instance i.e. when you press early but then decide not to press a second time?

Shot timing has indeed always been a confusing part of the gameplay. I won't give you a precise explanation about how it used to work, because I have refined the way timing and additional power work for the upcoming version, and there will be visual feedback so it will be much more understandable.

Ok that's great. Thanks

SmileKill
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby SmileKill » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:00 pm

Finally a joystick to play. It was so good that I missed it!

kenneth1976
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby kenneth1976 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:23 pm

Would it be possible to play with your character ALWAYS facing the camera, and not just sometimes. I need a new challenge. it would be great if this could be done. Thank you very much, sir.

PS.: When will Full Ace 2017 be released approx?

Greetings
Kenneth, Denmark.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:53 pm

kenneth1976 wrote:Would it be possible to play with your character ALWAYS facing the camera, and not just sometimes. I need a new challenge. it would be great if this could be done. Thank you very much, sir.

Greetings
Kenneth, Denmark.

I could add this. There will also be a new 3rd-person camera in the next version, which I think is quite challenging.

I still can't give an official release date, but if all goes well, during Australian Open. Would you like to be a beta tester ?

kenneth1976
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby kenneth1976 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:06 pm

kschoice wrote:
kenneth1976 wrote:Would it be possible to play with your character ALWAYS facing the camera, and not just sometimes. I need a new challenge. it would be great if this could be done. Thank you very much, sir.

Greetings
Kenneth, Denmark.

I could add this. There will also be a new 3rd-person camera in the next version, which I think is quite challenging.

I still can't give an official release date, but if all goes well, during Australian Open. Would you like to be a beta tester ?

Sounds very good. Could this be added to the 2012 version also?
Great news about the 2017 version, Kschoice. Sure I could be a tester :-)

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:11 pm

kenneth1976 wrote:Sounds very good. Could this be added to the 2012 version also?

Nope. The 2012 version won't be upgraded anymore.

SmileKill
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby SmileKill » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:02 pm

Australia Open ? :P
Is it going to be the 2018 version then?
It's nice to know that the game will be available soon, I hope it will not be postponed, I am training hard to be at the top level on the 2018.
It would be nice if the gaming community is recreated, it was pretty strong at one time!

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:46 am

SmileKill wrote:Australia Open ? :P
Is it going to be the 2018 version then?

There is some debate about that. :wink:

SmileKill wrote:It's nice to know that the game will be available soon, I hope it will not be postponed, I am training hard to be at the top level on the 2018.
It would be nice if the gaming community is recreated, it was pretty strong at one time!

I sure hope so, too.

Fran20051979
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Fran20051979 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:11 am

Bonjour Kschoice,

Je suis content de voir que tu aurais la possibilité, si tout va bien, de lancer le jeu d'ici quelques semaines ; je pense à ce propos qu'il y a une opportunité à saisir en faisant référence à ce lancement sur les sites de jeux vidéo (gamekult.com, jeuxvideo.com) étant donné qu'il y a beaucoup d'interrogations - pour ne pas dire de déceptions - de la part des joueurs sur la sortie annoncée de 2 jeux de tennis en 2018 :
- Tennis World Tour (mai 2018), qui est censé être la suite de Top Spin 4 (http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/42-3011 ... x-2017.htm) ;
- AO Tennis) (sortie a priori au moment de l'Australian Open) (http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/42-3011 ... tennis.htm).

Il me semble que tu as largement de quoi rivaliser avec ces 2 titres, tant la simulation est de qualité et les modes de jeu nombreux.

Bon courage pour la suite !

François

kschoice wrote:

Greetings
Kenneth, Denmark.

Agassi74
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby Agassi74 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:59 am

kschoice wrote:

Greetings
Kenneth, Denmark.

I would love to also be a beta tester kschoice. Looking forward to what the new Full Ace Tennis has in store for us.
aka "MissionMaximus"

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:03 am

Agassi74 wrote:
I would love to also be a beta tester kschoice. Looking forward to what the new Full Ace Tennis has in store for us.

Look at your Private Messages ! :wink:

Return to “General Full Ace discussions”