Questions regarding game purchase

This forum is dedicated to problem reports and questions about Full Ace buying process
simtennisplayer
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Questions regarding game purchase

Postby simtennisplayer » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:02 am

Hey guys, I have a few questions for you:

1. Is it possible to buy the game using American Express?

2. Once you buy the game, can you use it on more than one computer? (I have a couple, that's why)

3. I was trying to find out if I could use AE, but when I entered my email address, I couldn't enter the security code because the image was missing. Is there an error there?

Thanks.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Questions regarding game purchase

Postby kschoice » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:25 pm

simtennisplayer wrote:1. Is it possible to buy the game using American Express?

I am not sure, best way to find out is to try as I see you intended to.

simtennisplayer wrote:2. Once you buy the game, can you use it on more than one computer? (I have a couple, that's why)

The answer to that is not a simple yes or no. You may change computer, but once you have changed, you may not change again during the following 24 hours.

simtennisplayer wrote:3. I was trying to find out if I could use AE, but when I entered my email address, I couldn't enter the security code because the image was missing. Is there an error there?

What browser were you using ? Have you tried using an another browser ? Browser compatibility is often a pain. :x

simtennisplayer
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby simtennisplayer » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:48 pm

kschoice wrote:
simtennisplayer wrote:3. I was trying to find out if I could use AE, but when I entered my email address, I couldn't enter the security code because the image was missing. Is there an error there?

What browser were you using ? Have you tried using an another browser ? Browser compatibility is often a pain. :x

Yes, I tried with both IE and Firefox. Same thing happens in both cases.

Intead of the security code, I can only see the error message: "captcha manquant".

:?

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:59 pm

simtennisplayer wrote:
kschoice wrote:

Yes, I tried with both IE and Firefox. Same thing happens in both cases.

Intead of the security code, I can only see the error message: "captcha manquant".

:?

Very weird indeed, we are dealing with the problem. Thank you for reporting, I'll let you know.

simtennisplayer
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby simtennisplayer » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:19 pm

Ok, thanks.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:20 pm

simtennisplayer wrote:Ok, thanks.

Problem fixed. However, I'm afraid we don't accept American Express. You may still want to check the payment form to be 100% sure though.

simtennisplayer
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby simtennisplayer » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:49 pm

kschoice wrote:

Problem fixed. However, I'm afraid we don't accept American Express. You may still want to check the payment form to be 100% sure though.

Thank you for your quick action :wink:.

I have found this on the Paybox website:

"From the beginning, PAYBOX Services has constantly developed the range of cards and payment methods that it accepts for processing. This means that a merchant who registers with PAYBOX can accept bankcards (Visa & MasterCard), as well as over fifteen other payment methods (Amex, Diners, JCB, E-CB, Cofinoga, Sofinco, Finaref, Aurore, 1Euro.com, PayPal, Gift Card, split payments, Quasi Cash, ) in a large number of currencies."

Do you think that means that Amex is accepted as credit card?

I wouldn't like to introduce my credit card number and do something wrong.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:53 pm

simtennisplayer wrote:
kschoice wrote:

Thank you for your quick action :wink:.

I have found this on the Paybox website:

"From the beginning, PAYBOX Services has constantly developed the range of cards and payment methods that it accepts for processing. This means that a merchant who registers with PAYBOX can accept bankcards (Visa & MasterCard), as well as over fifteen other payment methods (Amex, Diners, JCB, E-CB, Cofinoga, Sofinco, Finaref, Aurore, 1Euro.com, PayPal, Gift Card, split payments, Quasi Cash, ) in a large number of currencies."

Do you think that means that Amex is accepted as credit card?

I wouldn't like to introduce my credit card number and do something wrong.

I think the worse that could happen would be a refusal.
Anyway, problem is Paybox rates are different depending on payment methods you register for, and therefore we didn't register for their full support. So even if they say they "can" accept a method of payment on their website, it doesn't mean it will work for us.

simtennisplayer
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby simtennisplayer » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:41 pm

Unfortunately, I entered the data several times and it didn't take my card, so evidently, you cannot buy the game through American Express.

Looks like I'm not gonna be able to buy the game. Too bad, because I don't have any other credit card.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:44 pm

simtennisplayer wrote:Unfortunately, I entered the data several times and it didn't take my card, so evidently, you cannot buy the game through American Express.

Looks like I'm not gonna be able to buy the game. Too bad, because I don't have any other credit card.

That's a shame.
Is there any chance someone around you with the right kind of credit card could make the order for you ?

simtennisplayer
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby simtennisplayer » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:53 pm

I'll give it a try, but I don't think so.

And yes, it is a shame, because I really love the game and your commitment regarding its development.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:08 pm

simtennisplayer wrote:I'll give it a try, but I don't think so.

And yes, it is a shame, because I really love the game and your commitment regarding its development.

It obviously isn't a happy thought to me either, to have to decline someone buying.
I just had a quick look at Paypal merchant service and it seems they accept American Express. I'm gonna have a more in-depth look at their conditions and discuss it with my partner. In the meanwhile, as you're at least the second person who finds himself unable to pay with the current provided means, I'm gonna create a topic for people to express this kind of claims. Please be the first one to post there.

simtennisplayer
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby simtennisplayer » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:39 pm

kschoice wrote:I'm gonna create a topic for people to express this kind of claims. Please be the first one to post there.

I just did, thank you.

Return to “Issues when buying Full Ace”