Graphic begins to stutter

Please search for answers and post about your technical problems when running Full Ace here
Schaffinho
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Graphic begins to stutter

Postby Schaffinho » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:50 pm

I made the experience that the longer a match lasts the less fluently the game runs. Is there anyone else with this problem? And what's even more important: Is there a solution?

Decreasing the detail-level doesn't fix it. I don't think that it is a hardware issue anyway, because at the beginning of a match it's all fine. Furthermore my hardware should be more than sufficient for the game (6 GB RAM, Intel Core i5 CPU, Nividia 250 GTS grafic-card). Operating system is win7 64 bit.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Graphic begins to stutter

Postby kschoice » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:56 pm

Schaffinho wrote:I made the experience that the longer a match lasts the less fluently the game runs. Is there anyone else with this problem? And what's even more important: Is there a solution?

Decreasing the detail-level doesn't fix it. I don't think that it is a hardware issue anyway, because at the beginning of a match it's all fine. Furthermore my hardware should be more than sufficient for the game (6 GB RAM, Intel Core i5 CPU, Nividia 250 GTS grafic-card). Operating system is win7 64 bit.

I also experience it sometimes and it really buggers me, because I can't explain it. So some experimentation and feedback from users on this matter would be highly appreciated. Some time ago, I tried disabling sounds and it seemed to fix the problem, but I never managed to be 100% sure. Unfortunately, current version doesn't allow users to disable sounds so you can't try that and give me some feedback. I should include an option for that.

domberg
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby domberg » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:54 pm

The same keeps happening to me, but if I switch to the desktop and back to the game, it solves it (for a while)
Usually I have to do this once per set.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:17 pm

I just released version 3.1.1 and added an option in settings to completely disable the sound library. This way we can know for sure whether it causes the slowdowns or not. Just play several matches with sounds disabled and let me know if the problem goes on.
Thank you

T-Duke
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby T-Duke » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:29 pm

I've recently installed Win 7 64 bit and now I'm having this kind of problems too (never had before with win Xp) . Surely it's about sound, the strange thing is u get the issue not immediately but after a while... strange :roll:

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:37 pm

T-Duke wrote:I've recently installed Win 7 64 bit and now I'm having this kind of problems too (never had before with win Xp) . Surely it's about sound, the strange thing is u get the issue not immediately but after a while... strange :roll:

When you say it's about sound, does that mean you have evidence of it ? (like you tried several times with sound deactivated and didn't experience the problem). I'm still looking for confirmation about this matter.

T-Duke
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby T-Duke » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:59 pm

No Yannick I was wrong. Disabling sound doesn't help at all. :oops:
I also noticed another issue since I have win 7, sometimes the games doesn't start and "freeze" when launched... after 2-3 restarts it goes. Another strange thing is that in the game main menù the windows application bar remains visible (dind't happend on xp), don't know anyway if could be a connection between those issues....

purista
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby purista » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:57 am

Hello, everybody.

I have exactly the same problem than the described. At first, the match goes ok. But in 4 or 5 games played, it begins to slow down and to do strange "pulls", i dont see the ball when it is coming to me until it is in my baseline. Terrible !!!
My computer is a new one, with Ati radeon, and Windows 7 premiun 64 bits. For what i have read here, i think it could be windows 7 64 the cause of the problem. I mean, perhaps the game is not fully compatible with this system.

Please, give us a solution. Because i love the game, but with such a problem.....to play on line is stressing.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:25 am

purista wrote:Hello, everybody.

I have exactly the same problem than the described. At first, the match goes ok. But in 4 or 5 games played, it begins to slow down and to do strange "pulls", i dont see the ball when it is coming to me until it is in my baseline. Terrible !!!
My computer is a new one, with Ati radeon, and Windows 7 premiun 64 bits. For what i have read here, i think it could be windows 7 64 the cause of the problem. I mean, perhaps the game is not fully compatible with this system.

Please, give us a solution. Because i love the game, but with such a problem.....to play on line is stressing.

Are you talking about online games ?

purista
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby purista » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:39 pm

Yes, excuse me if i didnt specify. I thougt that everybody in this issue was talking about on line matches. This problem only happens to me in ON LINE gaming.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:40 pm

purista wrote:Yes, excuse me if i didnt specify. I thougt that everybody in this issue was talking about on line matches. This problem only happens to me in ON LINE gaming.

Then this isn't the same problem as the one stated by others. Yours is most definitely caused by lag, and I'm afraid there's not much I can do about it.

T-Duke
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby T-Duke » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:51 pm

I'm getting improvements turning off shadow rendering & mapping, which is strange 'cause I've got a powerful system.
The issue doesn't happen always and it happens more frequently playing on line...

purista
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby purista » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:16 pm

hello, i said in a previous message that i had troubles with the video in ON LINE games. But now i have to say that also in OFF LINE games. Because my problems begin after 5 games or so. Some days ago i played very bad, allways lost 6-0. Now i play better, and at a 4-2 or so, i begin with the problem, so it is not a problem of lag on line, but a problem with the video of the game. Something is wrong with it. My computer is new and powerfull, and i dont have problems with nothing else but this game.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:19 pm

purista wrote:hello, i said in a previous message that i had troubles with the video in ON LINE games. But now i have to say that also in OFF LINE games. Because my problems begin after 5 games or so. Some days ago i played very bad, allways lost 6-0. Now i play better, and at a 4-2 or so, i begin with the problem, so it is not a problem of lag on line, but a problem with the video of the game. Something is wrong with it. My computer is new and powerfull, and i dont have problems with nothing else but this game.

In a previous message, you talked about "not seeing the ball until it is at the baseline". Is it that bad in offline games ?

T-Duke
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby T-Duke » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:44 am

I strongly suggest to turn off shadows rendering and mapping in the graphics option menu and report :)

Return to “Full Ace troubleshooting”