Various problems

Please search for answers and post about your technical problems when running Full Ace here
russ
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Various problems

Postby russ » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:23 am

I've been having trouble running the full game after purchasing a license. The demo version ran perfectly fine, and after I downloaded, installed and activated full version I had a go at practice mode once which worked fine.

I then created a player in edit mode and went to career mode and this is where the problems started. First off the game kept freezing on the career tour calendar screen, so I decided to go and try some exhibition matches / tournaments. Every time I tried to launch a match(after selecting players) I would get black screen of death and have to restart computer. I then tried reinstalling which did not help, and tried running in compatibility modes. Now it says my license has expired because I have installed more than twice in 24 hours(I have not).

At present I seem to be able to run practice mode in windowed but still get crash on full screen. Is it possible to reset my activation code and advise on technical problems?

I'm running windows 7 64-bit with AMD FX-4170 and Radeon HD 7700.

Many thanks.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Various problems

Postby kschoice » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:05 pm

Regarding your freezing on calendar screen problem, I would suggest uninstalling both the demo and the full version, and make you sure you don't install the full game over an installation of the demo.

When the game crashes a lot and you try reinstalling, the license system can be fooled into thinking you have installed twice in 24 hours. The license will unlock automatically after 24 hours have passed (this system is only here to ensure the license isn't shared by several players at once).

russ
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby russ » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:14 pm

Thanks for the swift reply.

Can I uninstall and reinstall everything now? Not too happy if I have to wait 24 hours considering I have spent my money on this.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:23 pm

I just unlocked your license. Please have a go.

russ
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby russ » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:39 pm

Thanks again for the help.

I uninstalled, reinstalled into a different directory, tried an exhibition match and the game crashed again. Restarted machine and it asked me to enter activation code again which I did.
Now all features are disabled again for another 24 hours.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:49 pm

You shouldn't have to enter the activation code more than once. I'm gonna unlock your license again. After entering the activation code, quit the game immediately and restart it. If it sill asks for an activation code, then there is a big problem which I don't understand.

russ
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby russ » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:54 pm

Thanks, I restarted game and all features were unlocked, I quit and restarted and it didn't ask for code again and full features still available.
I think the crash after starting a match was prompting the code to be entered again. Should I try and start a game in windowed mode which seemed to be working(I think full screen is causing the crash)?

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:10 pm

The game stores your activation code in an independent file in your Windows installation, so when it is set, even when there is a crash it shouldn't have an impact on it.

I have the feeling maybe some things you changed in order to make the game work actually made things worse. Since you said it had been working perfectly, I suggest you reinstall the demo in a different directory than the full game, and make sure it still works good.

russ
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby russ » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:38 pm

I reinstalled the demo and it's running fine. The problems started originally when I created player in edit mode. Do you think this could be something to do with the problem? Like I said windows mode seemed to work fine it was just full screen.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:04 pm

russ wrote:I reinstalled the demo and it's running fine. The problems started originally when I created player in edit mode. Do you think this could be something to do with the problem? Like I said windows mode seemed to work fine it was just full screen.

There is no fundamental difference between demo and full game. If the demo works in full screen, the game should as well.

russ
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby russ » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:20 pm

I've been playing on windowed mode anyway I'll give up on full screen, although the game is still crashing on career mode calendar screen and the "next tournament" button(the trophy icon) is greyed out. I'm happy to play tournaments and have some practice for now. Any advice you can give on getting career mode to work would be appreciated, but thanks for help so far.

Return to “Full Ace troubleshooting”