Suggestions

This is the place to talk about all aspects about the game.
solarisaint
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Suggestions

Postby solarisaint » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:05 am

Hi
After playing many hours, i feel the need for more than one sound crowd, i know you have your medium
which is great, I hope you add a loud with some roar. . I mention before about having the loud go off after 14 or 15 shot rally.
in addition, I would have the loud file go off for any "12 plus rallys that end in either a drop shot, smash ,or passing shot, meaning... when one player is at the net and the other player hits it by him", That's good stuff. It would be great to have more that one camera
like the standard you have now and maybe another camera a little lower , it keeps the game fresh. The other thing i want to mention, it's allways deuce not 40 all. last.... the judge that yells out sounds like hes not in the game, I know this game is going to have the most
online players ever.
This is one amazing game.
:D

Drummerdrt
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Suggestions

Postby Drummerdrt » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:47 am

NI also feel the need to put some suggestions down, coming from a tennis fan. Not to be taken critically.
1) Different swing and service motion? Maybe add a little spice to the game you know? Like Rafael Nadals crazy topspin forhand for example.
2) You know its coming. OUTFITS....perhaps more customization options to be available? Plus, when your playing in a season, it would be nice to change up your outfit every once in a while and maybe even change racquets or something.
3)Service. I feel that when I apply a same direction twice while using the same power, the results are different. One time ill hit an ace, another time the ball flies out by about 20 feet. Key to tennis is consistency, and who knows, maybe its because i havent played enough yet, but I feel that the serving consistency is quite a challenge.
4) Maybe its the fact that im using a keyboard, or its just me, but drop shots are almost impoosible to get to.
Looking forward to the expansion of this game.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:42 pm

Drummerdrt wrote:1) Different swing and service motion? Maybe add a little spice to the game you know? Like Rafael Nadals crazy topspin forhand for example.

Motion is a critical matter in terms of time for a small team like us. I think that it would be more productive to improve existing ones before putting in different motions for the same gestures.

Drummerdrt wrote:2) You know its coming. OUTFITS....perhaps more customization options to be available? Plus, when your playing in a season, it would be nice to change up your outfit every once in a while and maybe even change racquets or something.

What customization options are you missing ? Allowing multiple outfits for the same player is something I thought about, but it requires too many changes to do it right now.

Drummerdrt wrote:3)Service. I feel that when I apply a same direction twice while using the same power, the results are different. One time ill hit an ace, another time the ball flies out by about 20 feet. Key to tennis is consistency, and who knows, maybe its because i havent played enough yet, but I feel that the serving consistency is quite a challenge.

It is meant to be a challenge. I think there is no point in a tennis game allowing you to repeat exactly the same serve over and over, as it is absolutely impossible in real life, even for the best players. Therefore, there is always some error in your serve trajectories, depending on your character abilities.

Drummerdrt wrote:4) Maybe its the fact that im using a keyboard, or its just me, but drop shots are almost impoosible to get to.

I don't think using a keyboard would have much to do with that. You really need to anticipate in order to get drop shots. Watch for the player gesture when arming his shot.

FaRRe986
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby FaRRe986 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:21 pm

I suggest to put a ball trace on the court after each ball bounce..this would give the gameplay a higher reallity feeling!

Also, a hawkeye system would be great!

Jay
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Jay » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:42 pm

I would like to see the edit section box wider, it's a bit of a hindrance:

I also suggest the maximum service speed possible to be around 238 km/h as that is around as fast as it gets nowadays (Taylor Dent). As well as that, I've noticed the average second serve speed for a player with a service power of 92 is around 130-145 km/h, I think a 150-165 km/h range is more accurate in terms of "realism".

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:55 pm

Jay wrote:I would like to see the edit section box wider, it's a bit of a hindrance:

I also suggest the maximum service speed possible to be around 238 km/h as that is around as fast as it gets nowadays (Taylor Dent). As well as that, I've noticed the average second serve speed for a player with a service power of 92 is around 130-145 km/h, I think a 150-165 km/h range is more accurate in terms of "realism".

The editor problem will be fixed in the next update. I think the game needs some gameplay improvements before increasing serve speed, as serve already predominates in Full Ace right now.

solarisaint
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby solarisaint » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:04 am

Hi
The most important parts that need to be worked on.
1.Strike animation, also more stepping and less sweeping and have the player who is waiting for a serve, have him lean forward, the topspin needs more of a diving effect.
2.The strike sound files.. we have one now, which is good, we need to add a slice file and and serve file which can be shared with a smash, and a weak shot which can be shared with a volly.
3.Applaud sound files... low, med, and loud and they need to sound off more often.
4.The Full Ace offical simulation cam, This cam is good because the view is broader and give less attention on strike animations.
5.Lots of happy full ace tennis players.
Attachments
Simulation  cam.jpg
Simulation cam.jpg (41.13 KiB) Viewed 7537 times

solarisaint
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby solarisaint » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:52 am

Hi
After playing many hours this week I've noticed the only thing wrong with the forehand strike animation, it needs to copy the backhand, when the player goes back for his backhand he simultaneously bends his arm, but that's not the case with the forehand which causes that wild like swing. Volly strike animation, the only thing that needs to be done here the players need to pivot their body a little to the left or right like in real tennis which is used as a device to release the weight off the racket. I would do away with the backhand smash. last.. Im sorry if you already know these things, I really like full ace and i thank you for all your hard work.

kyuuji
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby kyuuji » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:44 am

I completly agree with solarisaint.
Nice to see you here dude ;)
I still didn't forget you hehe

Jay
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Jay » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:57 pm

solarisaint wrote:Hi
After playing many hours this week I've noticed the only thing wrong with the forehand strike animation, it needs to copy the backhand, when the player goes back for his backhand he simultaneously bends his arm, but that's not the case with the forehand which causes that wild like swing. Volly strike animation, the only thing that needs to be done here the players need to pivot their body a little to the left or right like in real tennis which is used as a device to release the weight off the racket. I would do away with the backhand smash. last.. Im sorry if you already know these things, I really like full ace and i thank you for all your hard work.

There's also an issue of when you come to the net to volley, and the opponent hits the ball close, or directly at you, you'd miss the ball completely. That always annoys me :P. Same thing when you serve right at the opponent, he/I can't hit the serve back because there's no reflex motion to hit the ball back or something.

marty2756
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby marty2756 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:11 am

As long as I have been playing, gamplay is still feeling better and better. Definitively,best sim tennis game ever.
If I have to choose one thing to add , yes, please camera freedom - in gameplay and replays.

Would kill to see that slices from side view like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVJy3vwE ... re=related :wink:

Jay
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Jay » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:51 pm

1. would like to see a "revert to default" function for the stadiums and tourneys + more editability (back wall color, official's clothing color etc).
2. wristbands + ability to add a hairband texture.
3. generate results for your own match, in all modes (tournament, career etc).
4. Harder CPU level. Even real life mode is easy for me. I think the problem is part of the gameplay, as the CPU player can't really stretch for the ball when the ball is hit back behind them (at an average pace). Also, the CPU player does not to accelerate when stopping and moving in the opposite direction. Wrong "footedness" makes for too many winners against them.
5. More stats: Forehand winners, backhand winners, percentage of total points won, match time etc.

domberg
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby domberg » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:30 am

1, It would be nice to be able to change the camera during match
2, Navigating in the menu with contoller(joypad)
3, The coin toss procedure is long (at least for me), would be nice to be able to turn it off
4, Match history in career mode
5, The dropshot motion is now without a swing gesture, there should be some
6, The reach of the backhand slice might be expanded, sinc it is a kind of defensive shot

Great game anyway!

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:31 pm

Is there someone with some time on his hands who would agree to create a topic dedicated to suggestions, and regularly update the first message of this topic with all the suggestions coming in, so that I could update their status there (Accepted, Declined, In Progress, Available) ?

That would really make things easier to me.

FaRRe986
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby FaRRe986 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:25 am

kschoice wrote:Is there someone with some time on his hands who would agree to create a topic dedicated to suggestions, and regularly update the first message of this topic with all the suggestions coming in, so that I could update their status there (Accepted, Declined, In Progress, Available) ?

That would really make things easier to me.

Ok, I'll do it.

Return to “General Full Ace discussions”