All suggestions for further updates!

This is the place to talk about all aspects about the game.
FaRRe986
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

All suggestions for further updates!

Postby FaRRe986 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:30 am

kschoice wrote:Is there someone with some time on his hands who would agree to create a topic dedicated to suggestions, and regularly update the first message of this topic with all the suggestions coming in, so that I could update their status there (Accepted, Declined, In Progress, Available) ?

That would really make things easier to me.

- More than one sound crowd

- It would be great to have more that one camera like the standard you have now and maybe another camera a little lower

- Different swing and service motion? Maybe add a little spice to the game you know? Like Rafael Nadals crazy topspin forhand for example

- OUTFITS....perhaps more customization options to be available? Plus, when your playing in a season, it would be nice to change up your outfit every once in a while and maybe even change racquets or something.

- Service. I feel that when I apply a same direction twice while using the same power, the results are different. One time ill hit an ace, another time the ball flies out by about 20 feet.

-I suggest to put a ball trace on the court after each ball bounce..this would give the gameplay a higher reallity feeling!

- A hawkeye system would be great!

- Strike animation, also more stepping and less sweeping and have the player who is waiting for a serve, have him lean forward, the topspin needs more of a diving effect.

- The strike sound files.. we have one now, which is good, we need to add a slice file and and serve file which can be shared with a smash, and a weak shot which can be shared with a volley.

- Applaud sound files... low, med, and loud and they need to sound off more often.

- The Full Ace offical simulation cam, This cam is good because the view is broader and give less attention on strike animations.

- The players need to pivot their body a little to the left or right like in real tennis which is used as a device to release the weight off the racket

- Camera freedom - in gameplay and replays

- Would like to see a "revert to default" function for the stadiums and tourneys + more editability (back wall color, official's clothing color etc).

- Wristbands + ability to add a hairband texture.

- Generate results for your own match, in all modes (tournament, career etc).

- Harder CPU level. Even real life mode is easy for me. I think the problem is part of the gameplay, as the CPU player can't really stretch for the ball when the ball is hit back behind them (at an average pace). Also, the CPU player does not to accelerate when stopping and moving in the opposite direction. Wrong "footedness" makes for too many winners against them.

- More stats: Forehand winners, backhand winners, percentage of total points won, match time etc.

- It would be nice to be able to change the camera during match

- Navigating in the menu with contoller(joypad)

- The coin toss procedure is long (at least for me), would be nice to be able to turn it off

- Match history in career mode

- The dropshot motion is now without a swing gesture, there should be some

- The reach of the backhand slice might be expanded, sinc it is a kind of defensive shot

- The slice, especially on the backhand side should have more reach, as it's a defensive shot(most of the time), which most players utilize when their pushed out wide and they don't have enough time to wind up their topspin backswing shot.

- The graphics could be improved and the forehand animation can look a bit wooden sometimes.

- the hair models needs to be improved

- add Irish to the nationality options when creating a new player

- move players serve postion prior to serving will be good instead of stationary

- add joypad support while scrolling through menus

- Doubles and women should be one of the higher priority features to be added

- The time in matches and maybe few more cameras with different closer angles to the court when replaying

New suggestions will continue this list.
Last edited by FaRRe986 on Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: All suggestions for further updates!

Postby kschoice » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:41 pm

I made this sticky. I think you should begin by compiling all the suggestions from the other topic in your first message.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:32 am

Could you rephrase each suggestion with only information about what is asked ?
For instance : "A hawkeye system would be great" --> "adding a hawkeye system"
"Doubles and women should be one of the higher priority features to be added" --> "Adding doubles" "Adding women"

Could you also sort them in categories ? Gameplay, Graphics, Animation, Sound, Menu...

Thanks

solarisaint
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby solarisaint » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:03 am

Hi
Looking at it from a marketing point of you....The computer will forehand slice way to much, it slows up the game and becomes frustrating. In regards to what jay said about strike animation, the forehand needs to be work on and the volly strikes should be more like a slice animation with a tiny pivot. The new stance of the player waiting for serve is perfect, also the player seems to be gliding less or is it just me..

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:12 am

solarisaint wrote:Hi
Looking at it from a marketing point of you....The computer will forehand slice way to much, it slows up the game and becomes frustrating. In regards to what jay said about strike animation, the forehand needs to be work on and the volly strikes should be more like a slice animation with a tiny pivot. The new stance of the player waiting for serve is perfect, also the player seems to be gliding less or is it just me..

I agree with what you said, improvements on animations will continue gradually, but it's a lengthy effort. Indeed, some changes were made to decrease gliding feelings.

T-Duke
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby T-Duke » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:05 pm

- a more "plastic" posture for the character when hitting forehand and when volleying (knees less stiff)
- exhibition character choice kept in memory
- name list of players in lobby

TELODIJE
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby TELODIJE » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:11 am

In addition to the previous posts:

- Even after the recent updates, the net play needs to be improved: Animations: Running to the net, volleying...
- After a 6-0 6-0 (or similar) or in the first rounds of a tournament, it's not logical that the winner falls on his knees... The player/crowd reaction needs to be proportional to the kind of victory.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:21 am

TELODIJE wrote:In addition to the previous posts:

- Even after the recent updates, the net play needs to be improved: Animations: Running to the net, volleying...
- After a 6-0 6-0 (or similar) or in the first rounds of a tournament, it's not logical that the winner falls on his knees... The player/crowd reaction needs to be proportional to the kind of victory.

- It requires caution and it is gradual process to improve animations. The important thing is that you agree with the way it is going, results will come at their own pace.
- I agree there is some work needed about player reaction gestures, not only at the end of a game, but during the game. Right now, I am leaning towards giving more priority to your former concern (rally animations), as we see them more than 90 % of play time, as opposed to reaction gestures.

q. reese
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby q. reese » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:51 pm

Doubles' and ladies' tours? Please see my update suggestion dealing with (1-4 players support within a single season).
Benefactor of ITST ('05-Present)
Founder, ITST's Top Spin 1 PC Doubles Tour ('05)
Former Host for ITST ('05-'07)
Former News Writer for ITST ('05-'07)
Former Player and Recruiter of PC Tours ('05-'10):
TS1 (MS, MSS, WS, and DS), TS2 (MS and WS), and DMT

Return to “General Full Ace discussions”