direction input too sensitive

This is the place to talk about all aspects about the game.
Noffica
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

direction input too sensitive

Postby Noffica » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:20 pm

Firstly, let me say that I've played virtually every tennis game there is, all the Virtua Tennis games, all Top Spin 1, 2 and 3, and all the Dream Match Tennis games.

In comparison, the direction control in Full Ace is the most difficult to control, it is far too sensitive. Even tapping a direction at the point of contact sends the ball out or long, even from the tightest of angles or farthest distance from the baseline. There is no feel for the duration for which a direction button needs to be pressed and the angle of the shot; it's rather difficult to control or impart any angle to a shot by just tapping the direction at the last moment.

marty2756
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: direction input too sensitive

Postby marty2756 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:22 am

Hi, Noffica, well I played all those tennis games too.. perhaps yes this the most difficut to master,
(and real-like). It takes time... but its rewarding... Personally, I 'been playing more than two months,
and I can say there is a "feel" for the duration you mention... but as I said..it takes time

yowie63
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby yowie63 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:09 pm

I had the same issue with my controller until I worked out that instead of being in analogue mode it was in digital mode which meant I only had nothing or full on 8 way movement.

once I switched it to analogue I had full control of aiming.

Something to check

Cheers
Paul
Cheers
Paul

lametennisplayer
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby lametennisplayer » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:28 pm

I have also played almost every tennis game out there, this is by far the best in terms of closeness to real tennis playing. The VT series you will never hit the ball out at all, no matter how hard you tried, DMT was also sensitive to a degree and is based more on timing.

With Full Ace Tennis, IMO to create angle winners the emphasis is more on timing and court-positioning rather than pure direction alone, which is more accurate.

lametennisplayer
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby lametennisplayer » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:37 pm

Noffica wrote:Firstly, let me say that I've played virtually every tennis game there is, all the Virtua Tennis games, all Top Spin 1, 2 and 3, and all the Dream Match Tennis games.

In comparison, the direction control in Full Ace is the most difficult to control, it is far too sensitive. Even tapping a direction at the point of contact sends the ball out or long, even from the tightest of angles or farthest distance from the baseline. There is no feel for the duration for which a direction button needs to be pressed and the angle of the shot; it's rather difficult to control or impart any angle to a shot by just tapping the direction at the last moment.

Oh ok, I get your point now. The best way to stop overhitting is through early preparation, as in you've chosen which side you're going to hit your shot with, along with court preparation as in where you intend to be when you actually hit the ball. If when you tap the shot button eg topspin, backspin etc and it sends it flying out with minimal direction, it is because you are not in the ideal court positon to play that shot as in real life.

Return to “General Full Ace discussions”