Suggestions for Full Ace Updates

This is the place to talk about all aspects about the game.
marty2756
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Suggestions for Full Ace Updates

Postby marty2756 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:21 pm

This topic is dedicated to your suggestions for Full Ace.

If you want to suggest something, please make sure it isn't already in the list below. Then reply to this topic with your suggestion.
Suggestions will be compiled in the list below, also allowing you to follow their status.

1) Graphics
1) Add camerasPending
2) Add more customization options for changing OutfitsDelayed
3) Ball trace option on the court after each ball bounceDone
4) Camera freedom - gameplay and replaysPending
5) Wristbands + ability to add a hairband texturePending
6) Improve hair modelsDelayed
7) Display "Break Point", "Set Point" and "Match Point" during match, like in TV.Pending
8) Auto-Display of Match statistics after match endsDone
9) Scoreboard showing seed and world rankingPending
10) Add an Option for the speed to show in imperial figuresDone
11) Add a (secondary) white outfit for the "London Main" tournamentPending
12) MPH for American courts and KPH for Non-American courtsPending
13) Show net points in statisticsPending
14) Add more StadiumsPending
2) Animations
1) Add different swing/service motionsDelayed
2) Improve strike animationIn progress
3) When vollying, players need to pivot their body a little to the left or right like in real tennisPending
4) Improve swing gesture of dropshotAccepted
5) Expand reach of backhand sliceAccepted
6) Add player's emotional gestures (press. a button: net ball excuse, smashing racket, "come on",commend opp.)Pending
7) Add sliding animations when playing on clayPending
8) Player turn around and run in opposite direction when lobbed at the netPending
3) Gameplay
1) Add Challenge SystemDone
2) Increase CPU levelIn progress
3) Add more stats: Fh winners, bh winners, percentage of total points won, etc.Pending
4) Option to turn off coin toss procedurePending
5) Add ability to move players serve position prior to servingDone
6) Add doubles and womenPending
7) Show time in matchesDone
8) Possibility to use preparation-buttons although "auto-prepare" is selectedDone
9) Autoreplay after match ends (even if it wasn't a winner)Done
10) Weather/wind affecting play (ball action/mentality and focus for players)Pending
11) Add a "Confidence" system (Dynamically changing player attributes depending on win/lose)Pending
12) Improve VolleyPending
13) Improve realism in lob shot (i.e.:allow long balls)Pending
4) Sound
1) Add/Improve slice and serve sound files.Pending
2) Add sound to replaysDone
3) Add (optional) player's grunting fabsanPending
5) Menu
1) Generate results for your own match, in all modes (tournament, career etc).Pending
2) Navigating in the menu with controller(joypad)Pending
3) Match history in career modeDone
4) Add Qualy Rounds in Career Mode's Tournament,depending on the player's ranking and the Tournament's category.Done
5) Add Challenger TournamentsDone
6) Add team competition in Career Mode (like Davis Cup - include doubles)Pending
7) Add option to reduce the number of games per setDone
8) 1-4 players support within the same seasonPending
9) Add Women TourPending
10) Add Doubles Tour (within the same season of singles carreer)Pending
11) Smart ranking (that will count you out of the tournament if you do not play the game every week)Pending
12) Make ball bounce physics properties directly affect/have impact on a generated match resultDismissed
13) Show change in ranking position (a green or red arrow with indication the amount of spots jumped in ranking)Done
14) Add Mixed DoublesPending
15) Add Hexadecimal support in player editorDone
16) Add LAN supportPending
17) Add more than one season in World tour modeDone
18) Add, in practice mode, an option to play points/ralliesPending
19) Add in injuries and retirementPending
6) Editor
1) Add Irish to the nationality options when creating a new playerDone
2) Add Stats Limit for player attributes.Pending
7) Online
1) "Courtesy" mechanism (Remembering return position/Forcing server to bounce once before serving)Done
2) Add Spectator-ModePending
Last edited by marty2756 on Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:15 pm, edited 15 times in total.

solarisaint
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Re: Suggestions for Full Ace Updates

Postby solarisaint » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:18 pm

Hi
Section 2 animation, I wrote the topic about pivoting , but in regards to vollying, in addition too using the slice animation as the stroke, which is common in tennis.

fabsan
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby fabsan » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:25 pm

Hello,

here some additional suggestions (things that I would like in the game - mostly concerning gameplay):

- in Career Mode's Tournaments: Qualification Rounds, depending on the player's ranking and the Tournament's category. And perhaps additional Challenger Tournaments

- in Career Mode: team competition (like Davis Cup - of course doubles should be there before)

- option to reduce the number of games per set
(in exhibition but also in tournament/carreer mode. Intention: to reduce the (real) match time. Some people (like me) do not have as much leisure, but would like to play tournaments and seasons in spite of this.). Alternatively: any other Counting method which could reduce match time, i. e.: something like a "deuce-mode" (every game starting with deuce). optional, of course.

- possibility to use preparation-buttons in addition, when "auto-prepare" is selected
(intention: to make it possible to change, for example if computer has pre-selected backhand, but a forehand would still be possible)

- during match: display "Break Point", "Set Point" and "Match Point", like in TV.

- after matchpoint was played: Auto-Replay (even if it wasn't a winner) and Auto-Display of Match statistics (at the moment, the statistics are not shown after the last point, i think)

- player's emotional gestures (by controller button, like excusing after a net ball, smashing racket, "come on"...)

- Sound: add (optional) player's grunting

q. reese
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby q. reese » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:37 am

Very good suggestions mate.

Here are a few suggestions I already sent to kschoice's attention. Please let him know what you guys think is okay, boring, or just out right crazy! This way, he can concerntrate on more important matters of the game than my silly ideas: :oops:

1) viewtopic.php?f=7&t=241

2) Also, I think there should be a scoreboard (like what is already there) that shows your seed and ranking in the world.

This way, as you have many players created into your game, you will know who you are dealing with. Also, it helps with insider commentaries during the match. I do that with my family. :mrgreen:

3) kschoice is already working on this one, but I would like to see this too . . . A challenge system (umpire having the highest percentage of calling the ball and each other linesmen/women having different percentages of calling the ball in or out). Umpire can over-rule. However, you can then challenge if you do not agree! :)

4) Ladies tour needed!

5) Doubles tour needed within the same season of a singles career.

6) Weather/wind can affect play (ball action and also mentality and focus for players).

7) Smart ranking that will count you out of the tournament if you do not play the game every week. So, your ranking will drop if you do not turn the game on and play it. Of course, this option can be deactivated.

If I have others, I will let you know!! :) Do did great. The game . . . you did great. :mrgreen:
Benefactor of ITST ('05-Present)
Founder, ITST's Top Spin 1 PC Doubles Tour ('05)
Former Host for ITST ('05-'07)
Former News Writer for ITST ('05-'07)
Former Player and Recruiter of PC Tours ('05-'10):
TS1 (MS, MSS, WS, and DS), TS2 (MS and WS), and DMT

Jay
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Jay » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:41 am

Ks, you're working on a Hawkeye system :shock: ?! If so, wow that's a pretty difficult undertaking. Good luck!

A few suggestions:

1) Seeing as how you've added ball bounce physics properties, I would like these settings to directly affect the outcome of a generated match result; e.g. Since on clay courts the ball bounces higher and slows down more, this should benefit players who have high retrieving ability stats etc.

2) The addition of sliding animations when playing on clay.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:13 am

Jay wrote:Ks, you're working on a Hawkeye system :shock: ?! If so, wow that's a pretty difficult undertaking. Good luck!

I'm thinking about it, as this would surely be a bluffing addition. But can't say I've done anything concrete about it yet.

Jay wrote:1) Seeing as how you've added ball bounce physics properties, I would like these settings to directly affect the outcome of a generated match result; e.g. Since on clay courts the ball bounces higher and slows down more, this should benefit players who have high retrieving ability stats etc.

Those settings already are taken in account when computing the outcome of a generated match result. Actually, there is about nothing than can be done to generated matches in particular, as they are only accelerated normal matches, using parts of the actual game engine.
That said, I agree that AI behavior and tactics so far don't illustrate surface impact on play at its full extent, but really, as I said, it's part of improving the AI.

Jay wrote:2) The addition of sliding animations when playing on clay.

That is a tough one. It was considered during Full Ace main development, but abandoned in order not to delay release even more. As for other requests of adding animations, I would say my priority is improving those already existing.

Kryptonite
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby Kryptonite » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:34 pm

Dynamic Player Attributes

I remember a couple of years ago Juan Martín del Potro went on a win streak when most of the top players(besides Roddick) were at the 2008 Beijing Olympics, before that I always thought Del Potro was weak mentally and would never be a top player. But the confidence he derived from that run gave him the belief that he could become a champion thus cumulating in his superb victory in the 2009 US Open. If those top players didn't miss those regular season tournaments that Del Potro won I don't think he would of pulled off that win streak and would probably be a nearly man like Murray.

So I was thinking of a few ways to implement a confidence system in Full Ace...

(A.) Full stat changes for all players based on form...
(+1pts per win, -1pts per loss)
(+5pts per tournament win, -5pts per 1st round loss)

(B.) While all players may be difficult to implement, maybe just change the stats on the players dominant shot(which a player could pick at the start of a career,forehand,backhand etc...) which could be calculated at the end of every tournament.

This would give the career a more realistic feel and a feeling of improving, making every match at the start of your career crucial.

Tiebreak
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Tiebreak » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:07 pm

Hi all
I have a little suggestion regarding online play .
I have started playing online & like all other online games there is alot of lack of courtesy
or respect if you like.
I dont mind players that give all for the win, but when people dont give you the chance
to position you self to recive serves it just pisses me of :evil:
This i think can be handled in 2 ways .
Either the game remembers the last return position or you could force the server to bounce once before serving .
Or you could give me the option to ban the ip of the player so he cant join my matches :wink: wich would be sad, cause we need all players ,even rude ones.

One other thing that i find vital is that there should be a stat limit for your atributes . Am sure this game will grow larger soon, with the itst tour around the corner ( great online tennis game community ) but more players will also mean players that will do everything to win and play with 100 in all stats :cry: and am hoping that you have a plan against that .

q. reese
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby q. reese » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:24 pm

kschoice,

Thanks for putting some of my ideas, along with great ones from others, on your to-do-list.

Excellent support, and from a person who is an admin and game developer and producer! :mrgreen:

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:33 pm

q. reese wrote:kschoice,

Thanks for putting some of my ideas, along with great ones from others, on your to-do-list.

Excellent support, and from a person who is an admin and game developer and producer! :mrgreen:

Actually, you have to give credit to marty2756 for updating the suggestions list. It makes it easier for me to keep track of all suggestions, and (hopefully) avoid people requesting the same things over and over. Now, for a suggestion to be in the list doesn't mean it's gonna happen soon (or it's even gonna happen at all) ; just look at all the things in the list already, that's a good share of working time !

Jay
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Jay » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:50 pm

1) An Option for the speed to show in imperial figures.

2) A (secondary) white outfit for the "London Main" tournament.

q. reese
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby q. reese » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:33 am

Very good to the both of you then. Nice support Marty! :)

q. reese
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby q. reese » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:09 am

Marty. Please decide whether you want to include this on the list too:

1) MPH for American courts and KPH for Non-American courts
2) Player gesturing (positive and negative). For example, if you press the positive gesture button one time, it motions a "come on!" like body language. If you press the button twice, it will commend the opponent for a nice shot. Etc.

Jay
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Jay » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:19 am

q. reese wrote:...if you press the positive gesture button one time, it motions a "come on!" like body language. If you press the button twice, it will commend the opponent for a nice shot. Etc.

That's pretty brilliant ;).

I would like to see the character with the ability to turn around and run in the opposite direction (when the player is lobbed at the net for example) instead of slowly running backwards.

marty2756
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby marty2756 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:23 pm

q. reese wrote:Marty. Please decide whether you want to include this on the list too:

1) MPH for American courts and KPH for Non-American courts
2) Player gesturing (positive and negative). For example, if you press the positive gesture button one time, it motions a "come on!" like body language. If you press the button twice, it will commend the opponent for a nice shot. Etc.

Hi Q!, MPH/KPH item added, however, I guess the second item was already in the list (2.6)

Return to “General Full Ace discussions”