Suggestions for Full Ace Updates

This is the place to talk about all aspects about the game.
SmileKill
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Re: Suggestions for Full Ace Updates

Postby SmileKill » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:41 pm

Federer wrote:
SmileKill wrote:There is a big activity since that i'm past ! Sorry for my very bad english i'm french !
I just have to hope that a update comes soon, about duplicates is it set up?

Welcome back, I was the guy you played a few times.

Andrew ? ^^ A piece of time ^^.

Federer
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Postby Federer » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:28 pm

SmileKill wrote:
Federer wrote:
SmileKill wrote:There is a big activity since that i'm past ! Sorry for my very bad english i'm french !
I just have to hope that a update comes soon, about duplicates is it set up?

Welcome back, I was the guy you played a few times.

Andrew ? ^^ A piece of time ^^.

Yes. I'm not sure what you mean by 'piece of time', though I assure you your English is a lot better than my French! I guess you mean 'a while ago'.

SmileKill
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby SmileKill » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:12 pm

Federer wrote:Yes. I'm not sure what you mean by 'piece of time', though I assure you your English is a lot better than my French! I guess you mean 'a while ago'.

Yep, or "a bit of time" sorry piece is for cake ! :D
I've tried to play Full ace with my keyboard and i think i should avoid again :roll:

Federer
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Postby Federer » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:27 am

SmileKill wrote:
Federer wrote:Yes. I'm not sure what you mean by 'piece of time', though I assure you your English is a lot better than my French! I guess you mean 'a while ago'.

Yep, or "a bit of time" sorry piece is for cake ! :D
I've tried to play Full ace with my keyboard and i think i should avoid again :roll:

Indeed lol.

Yes I was ok playing the demo with auto prep using a keyboard but I don't have the dexterity to play properly without my trusty ps4 controller.

Agassi74
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby Agassi74 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:08 am

kschoice wrote:
Agassi74 wrote:I think what the poster was saying and I would agree is that a "0" Serve Power should be a Softball underhand pitch (in regards to speed) if the ratings are going to matter. If you give a player "0" Serve Power it should be a slow-pitch Softball Serve speed not in the 100 mph range. Of course no player will have a "0" Serve Power in reality in-game so it's a moot point. It's more about the ratings 0-100 there should be a wider margin separating 0 to 100.

I did the same thing playing around editing players and gave some guys "0" in Forehand power and they were still crushing the ball visually no difference. It should be a major difference when a player has a "0" in a particular ability.

I personally don't see the point of having values that won't relate to any pro player, and therefore a 0-100 scale where all players will have, say, 31 or more. And the drawback is that we then only have 70 different useful states when we could have 100.

Agassi74 wrote:I understand your reasoning behind not labeling players to dictate their playing styles but rather allowing the stats dictate play style.
But I think having to change certain stats to influence players real-life play styles can get out of whack sometimes. In the ATP each player has a distinct play-style and sometimes it goes against their strengths. 90% of ATP players are Baseliners but there again you have differences in that they can be Defensive Baseliners, Offensive Baseliners, PowerBaseliners , Counter-Punchers, Clay-Court Baseliners etc....

I think you didn't get me quite right. It is true that at some point, I was under the impression that you could deduce the strategic tendencies of a player from his actual technical stats, but I have outgrown that. What I suggested was additional "strategic" stats : for example, a serve & volley stat working this way : at 0, the player never serves & volleys, at 100, the player always serves & volleys. At 50, the player has a 50% chance of serving & volleying for each point.

I really like the sound of "Strategic Stats" you mentioned or maybe a better term for it would be "Tendency Slider"
I believe that would be a lot better than limiting a player to a set Play Style.
aka "MissionMaximus"

SmileKill
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby SmileKill » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:20 pm

Federer wrote:Indeed lol.

Yes I was ok playing the demo with auto prep using a keyboard but I don't have the dexterity to play properly without my trusty ps4 controller.

I begin to success playing with keyboard but i can't play with a high difficulty :mrgreen:
I hope than i could soon play with a controller 8)

Federer
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Postby Federer » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:00 pm

Regarding 'real life' difficulty, I don't think in real life players are going for broke on every other shot. Also, it doesn't take into account that not every player plays aggressively. I don't think difficulty levels are really appropriate for a Sim. It should be that players generally play their own game style and better players should be in general harder to beat. It's not fun to play on real life difficulty because the rallies end very quickly with either a winner or an error from the cpu. If you play one of the lesser players it is actually very easy because they go for broke and miss most of the time. I can imagine that good AI is very hard to make and of course human vs human is always going to be the ideal of sports games.

Jay
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Jay » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:29 am

An updated roster would be nice for the new version.

Agassi74
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby Agassi74 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:36 am

Federer wrote:Regarding 'real life' difficulty, I don't think in real life players are going for broke on every other shot. Also, it doesn't take into account that not every player plays aggressively. I don't think difficulty levels are really appropriate for a Sim. It should be that players generally play their own game style and better players should be in general harder to beat. It's not fun to play on real life difficulty because the rallies end very quickly with either a winner or an error from the cpu. If you play one of the lesser players it is actually very easy because they go for broke and miss most of the time. I can imagine that good AI is very hard to make and of course human vs human is always going to be the ideal of sports games.

I definitely agree with you. Some players are very defensive while others are aggressive. Perhaps what kschoice mentioned about a strategic slider could be incorporated for Serve & Volley as well as other areas of strategy like your mentioned aggressiveness perhaps (Offensive/Defensive) slider for each player. That would dictate how often a cpu player will go for a winner (offensive) or play defensive waiting for the other to make mistakes.
aka "MissionMaximus"

Federer
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Postby Federer » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:07 pm

Emailed Kschoice about beta testing & no reply. Hopefully he's just got on holiday. His last activity is 13 days ago on the itst forum asking for beta testers

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:18 pm

Federer wrote:Emailed Kschoice about beta testing & no reply. Hopefully he's just got on holiday. His last activity is 13 days ago on the itst forum asking for beta testers

I'm not on holiday. Did you email using the same address as the one linked to your forum account ?

Federer
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Postby Federer » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:49 pm

kschoice wrote:
Federer wrote:Emailed Kschoice about beta testing & no reply. Hopefully he's just got on holiday. His last activity is 13 days ago on the itst forum asking for beta testers

I'm not on holiday. Did you email using the same address as the one linked to your forum account ?

I meant pm. Sorry I realise my message could be interpreted as accusatory.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:38 am

Federer wrote:I meant pm. Sorry I realise my message could be interpreted as accusatory.

Not at all, but it would not be wise to go on vacation now, as we are closing in on the best time of the year for releasing tennis games (French Open-Wimbledon). Quite the opposite, I am very much focused on my work right now.

I don't know why, but it seems I missed your PM.

Jay
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Jay » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:50 am

Are you currently the sole developer? What happened to your graphics engineer?

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:54 am

Jay wrote:Are you currently the sole developer? What happened to your graphics engineer?

He's currently on a full-time job.

Return to “General Full Ace discussions”