Problem editing court

This is the place to talk about all aspects about the game.
kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: How to edit courts & clothing[Tutorial]

Postby kschoice » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:05 pm

TennisL0ver wrote:I tried as you said,but it didnt work.

It worked for the whole stadium thing ( i was able to put eight)but not for the court itself

You need to duplicate surface_05.mdl as surface_08.mdl, also.

TennisL0ver
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby TennisL0ver » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:48 pm

i did..and it didnt work....

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:52 pm

TennisL0ver wrote:i did..and it didnt work....

I'm beginning to wonder if I really understand what you're trying to achieve. What variable (exact english name in the game) do you want to set to 8 ?

TennisL0ver
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby TennisL0ver » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:09 pm

well for exemple all the files that i enclosed in the file i sent to you.for exemple : le compteur de temps de jeu,les sponsors autour du court etc...l'environnement court...but the thing is ,the court aint working

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:11 pm

TennisL0ver wrote:the court aint working

If you're not more specific about what exactly goes wrong, it will be very hard to help you.

TennisL0ver
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Re: Problem editing court

Postby TennisL0ver » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:30 pm

OK ill try to be as specific as I can

1 : I downlooaded a court

2 I renamed to court 08 and copy pasted it to my folder

3 i tried to chose court 8 in editor but it didnt work

4 i followed your advice and renamed environment parts to 08 and copy paste

5 then i was able to chose 8 in editor but still not for surface / court...

then...i gave up for a while...dont know what else to do

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:10 pm

TennisL0ver wrote:5 then i was able to chose 8 in editor but still not for surface / court...

if you have a file surface_08.mdl, then you should be able to enter 8 as a surface in the editor.

cooney
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby cooney » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:49 am

I'd like to say something here, as I tried yesterday to edit a new court and put it into the game.
Basically my wish is to duplicate the 02 clay court, just with some names and marks changed.

I copy/paste the s02_court.jpg model and renamed it s09, adding a few marks and signs on it with photoshop.
Then, I already see the editor understand the change as it's offering me the 1-9 options in choosing the court type.
But, if I choose 09 the game crashes. So I reckon I need to copy/paste other files connected with the court jpg model, isn't it?
I already duplicated the whole bunch of jpgs related, such as 'court_board', 'gradins', 'jardiniere', 'speed_cmpt', 'sponsor' and so on. But I just operated inside the "textures" folder.
Do I need to make any copy/paste change in the "materials" folder, or "models" folder too?

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:12 pm

cooney wrote:I'd like to say something here, as I tried yesterday to edit a new court and put it into the game.
Basically my wish is to duplicate the 02 clay court, just with some names and marks changed.

I copy/paste the s02_court.jpg model and renamed it s09, adding a few marks and signs on it with photoshop.
Then, I already see the editor understand the change as it's offering me the 1-9 options in choosing the court type.
But, if I choose 09 the game crashes. So I reckon I need to copy/paste other files connected with the court jpg model, isn't it?
I already duplicated the whole bunch of jpgs related, such as 'court_board', 'gradins', 'jardiniere', 'speed_cmpt', 'sponsor' and so on. But I just operated inside the "textures" folder.
Do I need to make any copy/paste change in the "materials" folder, or "models" folder too?

To create a new surface, you need to duplicate s02_court.jpg and s02_court_bord.jpg in "textures" folder, as well as s02_court.mat and s02_court_bord.mat in "materials" folder. That should work.

cooney
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby cooney » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:09 pm

kschoice wrote:To create a new surface, you need to duplicate s02_court.jpg and s02_court_bord.jpg in "textures" folder, as well as s02_court.mat and s02_court_bord.mat in "materials" folder. That should work.

Crucial point, it works, cheers! :D

Return to “General Full Ace discussions”