Electronic Challenge System

This is the place to talk about all aspects about the game.
FaRRe986
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Electronic Challenge System

Postby FaRRe986 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:38 pm

At first, many thanks for developing the hawk-eye system. It makes the simulator more realistic.

I have one question: Have you made it so that the umpire make sometimes mistakes, so we can call the challenge system, like in real-life?

I've played with the hawkeye few times, looking at the ball mark, the ball hits the line, but the challenge system calls the ball out??

Thanks for reply!

Best regards!

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Electronic Challenge System

Postby kschoice » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:37 am

FaRRe986 wrote:At first, many thanks for developing the hawk-eye system. It makes the simulator more realistic.

I have one question: Have you made it so that the umpire make sometimes mistakes, so we can call the challenge system, like in real-life?

I've played with the hawkeye few times, looking at the ball mark, the ball hits the line, but the challenge system calls the ball out??

Thanks for reply!

Best regards!

Of course, there are sometimes mistakes that you can correct using the challenge system (h***-e** is a copyrighted name).
If you encounter times when you think the challenge animation doesn't match the ball trace (although with the in-game perspective, you need to have very good eyes to be sure of that), send me a screen capture of the trace in the challenge animation AND the replay file of the point.

marko279
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby marko279 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:15 pm

I must say that i am impressed. Well done! I have just one thing that bothers me in this new update. I play vs computer, we came to 4-4, and then was tie-break? Is this a glitch or what?

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:17 pm

marko279 wrote:I must say that i am impressed. Well done! I have just one thing that bothers me in this new update. I play vs computer, we came to 4-4, and then was tie-break? Is this a glitch or what?

Set length configuration was introduced in the full version, and demo is now limited to 4 game sets.

marko279
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby marko279 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:38 pm

kschoice wrote:
marko279 wrote:I must say that i am impressed. Well done! I have just one thing that bothers me in this new update. I play vs computer, we came to 4-4, and then was tie-break? Is this a glitch or what?

Set length configuration was introduced in the full version, and demo is now limited to 4 game sets.

Only 4 sets? You bastards :D , you will make me to buy the full game... hehe, and i will, i am just waiting to get amex. It will be in ten days, then you can be afraid of the newcomer from croatia :P

Nice update men... I noticed that serveand volley is much easier now than before...

Thucysincarne
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Thucysincarne » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:06 am

I have a question about the challenge system as well: is it possible to challenge during a point? (like if you think your opponent's shot was out but it was in and the point continues)

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:34 am

Thucysincarne wrote:I have a question about the challenge system as well: is it possible to challenge during a point? (like if you think your opponent's shot was out but it was in and the point continues)

Yes, it is.

FaRRe986
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby FaRRe986 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:30 am

kschoice wrote:
Thucysincarne wrote:I have a question about the challenge system as well: is it possible to challenge during a point? (like if you think your opponent's shot was out but it was in and the point continues)

Yes, it is.

Yea, but only if the icon for the challenge appears, only then you may call a challenge, right?

I think you cannot challenge every point you want?!

Correct me if I'm wrong..

Thnx!

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:41 am

FaRRe986 wrote:Yea, but only if the icon for the challenge appears, only then you may call a challenge, right?

I think you cannot challenge every point you want?!

Correct me if I'm wrong..

Thnx!

To keep the game smooth, you may only challenge if the ball is close enough to the line.

Jay
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Jay » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:30 pm

what do you mean by "smooth"?

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:36 pm

Jay wrote:what do you mean by "smooth"?

The game has to wait for an hypothetical challenge before score is announced. Therefore allowing challenge on any ball would cause uncanny pauses on obvious calls.

Jay
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Jay » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:10 pm

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:13 pm

Yeah, I saw that video before. Indeed, you can't make this kind of challenges in Full Ace.

FaRRe986
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby FaRRe986 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:18 pm

I sent you an email on postmaster@fullacetennis.com with my replay.

Pls take a look.

Thnx.

Jay
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Jay » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:31 pm

kschoice wrote:

Yeah, I saw that video before. Indeed, you can't make this kind of challenges in Full Ace.

Naw it was just meant as a joke :wink:

I agree these kinds of challenges are unnecessary

Return to “General Full Ace discussions”