Tournament integration

This is the place to talk about all aspects about the game.
Schaffinho
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Tournament integration

Postby Schaffinho » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:45 pm

The problem is still the same: much too few players and not enough opportunity to play.

Perhaps it would help to integrate a tournament function at the server.
There might be a room where you can create tournaments and give information on the planned schedule, starting time, number of players etc. People joining the server would be able to enter the room and sign in for the tournament.

Something like that would give the game a chance to develop a kind of alliance. Something that is hard to reach with players, who unsteadily enter the lobby and miss each other most of the time.

A few month ago I have organized a tournament via PMs and lobby-chat. It was real fun and I am sure regular tournaments would do all of us a favour. Online playing becomes even more interesting and last but not least the traffic in the lobby gets much more bunched.

Of course, I have no idea, how hard to realize an add-on like that would be. Perhaps it is much too complicated. If so could you at least add the possibility of sending a PM too all FA members at once. That would make it much easier for me to organize a tournament in future.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Tournament integration

Postby kschoice » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:27 am

Schaffinho wrote:The problem is still the same: much too few players and not enough opportunity to play.

Perhaps it would help to integrate a tournament function at the server.
There might be a room where you can create tournaments and give information on the planned schedule, starting time, number of players etc. People joining the server would be able to enter the room and sign in for the tournament.

Something like that would give the game a chance to develop a kind of alliance. Something that is hard to reach with players, who unsteadily enter the lobby and miss each other most of the time.

A few month ago I have organized a tournament via PMs and lobby-chat. It was real fun and I am sure regular tournaments would do all of us a favour. Online playing becomes even more interesting and last but not least the traffic in the lobby gets much more bunched.

Of course, I have no idea, how hard to realize an add-on like that would be. Perhaps it is much too complicated. If so could you at least add the possibility of sending a PM too all FA members at once. That would make it much easier for me to organize a tournament in future.

It would be very, very complicated to add an online tournament feature, and I really don't have time to spare for it at the moment.
About sending PMs to everyone, even I can't do that, as all registered Full Ace players aren't registered in the forum. Off the top of my head, I guess all players who want to play online should register to the same topic on the forum, and use notifications as a means to communicate. Maybe there is a better way, I don't know.

Schaffinho
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby Schaffinho » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:38 pm

kschoice wrote:It would be very, very complicated to add an online tournament feature, and I really don't have time to spare for it at the moment.
About sending PMs to everyone, even I can't do that, as all registered Full Ace players aren't registered in the forum. Off the top of my head, I guess all players who want to play online should register to the same topic on the forum, and use notifications as a means to communicate. Maybe there is a better way, I don't know.

Ok, what about that:
You create a topic "Tournaments" at the first board level (along with "General Full Ace discussions", "Full Ace Troubleshooting" ...). I will announce a one-day-tournament there for, let's say, next sunday evening. Perhaps it works and people sign in.

The problem is: I don't know how highly frequented this board is. At least an integration in the lobby would be much more efficient. Perhaps there might be a pretty simple solution. Isn't there a chance to integrate a tournament announcement as durable lobby-entry. So whenever you enter the lobby you get informed, that a tournament is planned and that there are more details to be found at the board.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:53 pm

Schaffinho wrote:The problem is: I don't know how highly frequented this board is. At least an integration in the lobby would be much more efficient. Perhaps there might be a pretty simple solution. Isn't there a chance to integrate a tournament announcement as durable lobby-entry. So whenever you enter the lobby you get informed, that a tournament is planned and that there are more details to be found at the board.

This sort of thing can be done, and be part of the next update. I guess I could allow each registered player to enter one durable message, and all those messages would be displayed in a special window in the lobby screen. This could be used for people to tell when they are available to play as well as organize tournaments, I think.

Schaffinho
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby Schaffinho » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:30 pm

Sounds good. Thanks in advance.

Return to “General Full Ace discussions”