Tried the demo, liked it, going to buy.

This is the place to talk about all aspects about the game.
tigersfan
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Tried the demo, liked it, going to buy.

Postby tigersfan » Thu May 17, 2012 3:07 pm

I think you've got a really good game here. One that I could potentially spend a lot of time with, but I'm not willing to buy it because of the online activation system you guys use.

I'm aware of all of the arguments for why a company would do that, but, I've also been burned by trying to install a game only to have the developers stop supporting it or go out of business and then I can't play the game.

Is there any chance you guys will ever release a version that is DRM free? If you do, let me know, I'll buy it that day.

Edit: If this comes across as mean or attacking, I apologize, that's not my intent. That said, I'm disappointed when this method of DRM is used on a game I'm interested in.
Last edited by tigersfan on Thu May 17, 2012 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Tried the demo, liked it, still won't buy.

Postby kschoice » Thu May 17, 2012 5:39 pm

tigersfan wrote:I think you've got a really good game here. One that I could potentially spend a lot of time with, but I'm not willing to buy it because of the online activation system you guys use.

I'm aware of all of the arguments for why a company would do that, but, I've also been burned by trying to install a game only to have the developers stop supporting it or go out of business and then I can't play the game.

Is there any chance you guys will ever release a version that is DRM free? If you do, let me know, I'll buy it that day.

Edit: If this comes across as mean or attacking, I apologize, that's not my intent. That said, I'm disappointed when this method of DRM is used on a game I'm interested in.

The full version already works even if the internet server is down. So even if the game is discontinued at some point you will still be able to use it.

tigersfan
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby tigersfan » Thu May 17, 2012 5:42 pm

kschoice wrote:
tigersfan wrote:I think you've got a really good game here. One that I could potentially spend a lot of time with, but I'm not willing to buy it because of the online activation system you guys use.

The full version already works even if the internet server is down. So even if the game is discontinued at some point you will still be able to use it.

But will it install if the server is down? Say if I get a new computer or something.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Thu May 17, 2012 6:05 pm

tigersfan wrote:But will it install if the server is down? Say if I get a new computer or something.

Yes it will. Anyhow if we really had to shut everything down we would provide customers with a version that works.

tigersfan
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby tigersfan » Thu May 17, 2012 6:30 pm

kschoice wrote:
tigersfan wrote:But will it install if the server is down? Say if I get a new computer or something.

Yes it will. Anyhow if we really had to shut everything down we would provide customers with a version that works.

Well, then now I'm confused. It will install and run, even if the server is down, or I have no internet access after I download the game and get my license key? If so, what is the activation sever for?

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Thu May 17, 2012 6:38 pm

The server isn't an activation server, it just verifies your license key, especially when you want to play online, and to download upgrades.

tigersfan
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby tigersfan » Thu May 17, 2012 6:50 pm

kschoice wrote:The server isn't an activation server, it just verifies your license key, especially when you want to play online, and to download upgrades.

Oh! Ok then. In that case, I'm ok with it. Sorry to bug you. Now I'm off to buy the game.

One suggestion, maybe calling it something like an "Online Server" might be less confusing than "Authentication Server", as that's where I got the idea that it needed to activate the game to get it to play.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Thu May 17, 2012 8:03 pm

tigersfan wrote:
kschoice wrote:The server isn't an activation server, it just verifies your license key, especially when you want to play online, and to download upgrades.

Oh! Ok then. In that case, I'm ok with it. Sorry to bug you. Now I'm off to buy the game.

One suggestion, maybe calling it something like an "Online Server" might be less confusing than "Authentication Server", as that's where I got the idea that it needed to activate the game to get it to play.

That's probably a good idea. Can you please remind me where it is called this ? :wink:

tigersfan
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby tigersfan » Thu May 17, 2012 8:42 pm

kschoice wrote:
tigersfan wrote:

That's probably a good idea. Can you please remind me where it is called this ? :wink:

Sure.. Bottom of this page: http://www.fullacetennis.com/index.php? ... 65&lang=en . In the "Actually buying" section.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Thu May 17, 2012 9:57 pm

tigersfan wrote:Sure.. Bottom of this page: http://www.fullacetennis.com/index.php? ... 65&lang=en . In the "Actually buying" section.

Thanks. I modified it.

Return to “General Full Ace discussions”