ps4 controller

This is the place to talk about all aspects about the game.
kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: ps4 controller

Postby kschoice » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:11 am

Federer wrote:My only question is how does your system work on a keyboard since there is only absolute left and absolute right ?

You have a certain amount of time during which you can aim, the longer you press left, for instance, the closer to the left line the target gets.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:13 am

Federer wrote:Yes, I completely agree actually. Also using that system would make certain 'wonder shots' impossible e.g. a player on the full run trying to hit a shot down the line.

The other thing that I don't like about the other system is that you then have to allow aiming outside of the lines, which to me, makes no sense.

Federer
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Postby Federer » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:42 pm

The tutorial doesn't give any information on when it is best to release the button to hit the ball, about positioning etc. Maybe that is something to be looked at in the future.

Unfortunately at the moment routine balls are flying wide at the mere touch of direction or they hit the net halfway for no reason I can see.

It feels like the success of my shots are being determined by the roll of a dice, rather than anything I do. I understand some chance is involved but I almost feel scared to hit the ball such is my error rate!

Also the double tap mechanism is hampered by the fact the direction of the shot is determined by where you were pointing when you first pressed, rather than the second tap. The time is too short for the decisions on direction and to perform a double tap shot to both be made after your opponent hits. Therefore you have to decide before your opponent hits their shot, which is clearly undesirable.

Your input on these is, as always, gratefully received.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:29 pm

Federer wrote:The tutorial doesn't give any information on when it is best to release the button to hit the ball, about positioning etc. Maybe that is something to be looked at in the future.

Unfortunately at the moment routine balls are flying wide at the mere touch of direction or they hit the net halfway for no reason I can see.

It feels like the success of my shots are being determined by the roll of a dice, rather than anything I do. I understand some chance is involved but I almost feel scared to hit the ball such is my error rate!

Also the double tap mechanism is hampered by the fact the direction of the shot is determined by where you were pointing when you first pressed, rather than the second tap. The time is too short for the decisions on direction and to perform a double tap shot to both be made after your opponent hits. Therefore you have to decide before your opponent hits their shot, which is clearly undesirable.

Your input on these is, as always, gratefully received.

It seems to me you are getting overwhelmed with the game. To circumvent that, everything you do you have to do as early as possible.
First of all, you have to prepare your shot immediately, ideally before (or at the same time) you begin moving your player towards the ball. If you have already prepared your shot, you will have some positioning assistance when approaching the ball. If you prepare only when you're reaching the ball, you won't benefit from it. That is the first thing to care about.
Maybe you can try that for now and let me know if it improves your performance.

Federer
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Postby Federer » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:44 pm

my apologies for that 'rant' haha. I have since started winning on medium difficulty. I think there is a some validity and half truths buried in my post which I will someday try to make clearer.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:25 am

Federer wrote:my apologies for that 'rant' haha. I have since started winning on medium difficulty. I think there is a some validity and half truths buried in my post which I will someday try to make clearer.

I am not sure if you are apologizing in regard to your deleted post (which I didn't get to read anyway) or your other posts, but in any case, there is no need for an apology at all. Full Ace gameplay clearly has a good share of complexity to it, and the process of "teaching" the player could definitely use improvements. It is hard to put yourself in the position of someone who is learning the game when you have designed it, so any feedback/proposition on the matter is well appreciated.

Anyhow, I am glad you are making progress. If you think there is any aspect of the game that isn't explained well enough, please let me know.

Return to “General Full Ace discussions”